Local artists are invited to submit entries for the Riverfest Art Experience Juried Art Show.
Thursday, September 6
5:00 pm to 6:15 pm - Reception
6:15 pm- 6:45 pm - Awards Ceremony
The Riverfest Art Experience will celebrate the arts and regional artists, while providing the community a place to experience artistic expression in a variety of forms. Formerly known as the "Tour d'Art", this juried art show showcases the works of local amateurs, professionals, and aspiring artists, and serves to encourage and promote the pursuit of fine arts excellence in our community.
Registration: Pre-registration is required. Images of artwork and payment of fees must be submitted in advance to email@example.com.
* Online Registration Ends: Wednesday, August 22 (11:59pm)
* Artists accepted into the juried show are notified by email: Monday, August 27th
* Artwork to be dropped off at the Wilma Rudolph Event Center: Tuesday, September 4, between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm
* All artwork must be taken home after the Riverfest Art Experience on September 6, 2018. No artwork will be left behind, unless special arrangements are made. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Professional, Amateur, and Senior Divisions are open to all artists over the age of 18 residing or currently enrolled in higher education in Middle Tennessee or Southern Kentucky. Local college students are encouraged to submit their work in the Amateur Division. Artists may enter only one division.
* Professional: Artist previously juried into several exhibitions and/or presented several solo exhibitions, as well as recognized by peers as a professional.
* Amateur: Artist new or not yet skilled in a particular medium and/or creates art primarily as a pastime.
* Senior: To qualify as a Senior, artists must be age 65 or older.
To be eligible, the entrant must be currently enrolled in secondary education (high school) within Clarksville-Montgomery County, TN or Fort Campbell, KY or adjoining counties in Tennessee or Kentucky. A maximum of 10 entries may be submitted from each school. All entries go through the Art Instructors at the schools. Art Instructors communicate with Art Experience coordinator to submit their school’s entries.
* Each adult artist may submit a maximum of two (2) pieces of artwork. Youth entrants may only submit one (1) piece per artist.
* All pieces must be created within two (2) years of the exhibition. (i.e. No artwork completed before September 6, 2016 is eligible.)
* All works submitted must be original in design and concept. Artwork must not be copied, in part or wholly, from any published or copyrighted work. Compositions from published photographs not taken by the artist or images derived from other artists' work are not considered original and are ineligible.
* Work previously shown in a Riverfest art exhibition is ineligible.
* Please do not submit pieces which would be inappropriate for general audiences.
This is a fully juried art show. Entry does not guarantee inclusion in the public display. Jurors' decision are final.
The following categories are included in the 2018 Riverfest Art Experience Juried Art Show. All categories are open to all divisions.
* Photography and Digital Media
* Painting (includes acrylic, oil, and watercolor)
* 2D Mixed Media
* 3D Sculpture and Fiber Arts
Due to storage and display limitations, two-dimensional works may not exceed 40"x40"x4", including framing. The 3D pieces may not exceed 40"x40"x40" or weigh more than 50lbs.
Hanging and Display:
* All artwork must be gallery ready.
* Framing: 2D pieces must be framed or created on cleanly finished gallery-wrapped canvas.
* Hardware: All 2D pieces must have double-strand picture wire affixed properly to the rear of the frame. To protect the artwork from damage, no other type of fasteners, hooks, or cord can be accepted.
* 3D Artwork: Must be sturdy enough to be easily handled and transported. Excessively fragile 3D works cannot be accepted.
Questions?: For questions regarding eligibility, limitations, or registration, please contact email@example.com or (931) 645-7476.
Activity Dates, Days, Times:
Start Date: Thu, 09/06/2018
End Date: Thu, 09/06/2018
Days/Times: Thu 05:00 PM - 08:00 PM
Number Of Sessions:
Class will not meet on: